Chocolate Fondant Cake
April 16, 2014
- Line an 8 or 9″ cake pan with plastic wrap, allowing excess to hang over the sides. Melt the butter. Process cookies in a food processor until evenly ground. Stir the butter and crumbs together; press into the bottom of the pan.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave or in a bowl over a pan of simmering water. Let cool slightly.
- Beat the cream and sugar until stiff peaks form. Gently stir in the melted chocolate. Add the Amaretto and stir.
- Fill the pan with the mixture and smooth with an offset spatula. Cover with the excess plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 4 hours. (I put mine in the freezer for 30 mins – one hour before serving to set it up a bit more.)
- Before serving, lift the pie out of the pan , remove the plastic wrap and sift cocoa powder over the top. Serve small wedges…it’s rich!
from Home Made