Watercress with Smoked Almond Goat's Cheese
March 27, 2014
- Heat the wine in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the sugar and stir to dissolve, then add the anise and cardamom and bring to a boil. Boil the syrup for about 25 minutes, until it’s slightly thicker. Reduce the heat to low and add the grapes. Warm the grapes in the syrup for about 7 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and let the syrup cool. Taste and add salt and pepper if needed.
- Divide the goat cheese into 12 equal portions. With clean hands, roll the portions into small balls.
- Pulse the almonds in a food processor until coarsely ground. Roll the goat cheese balls in the almonds to coat them. Place the cheese balls on a tray or baking sheet, cover them, and place them in the fridge for 1 hour to firm up.
- To serve, wash and dry the watercress. Arrange some nice leaves over 4 plates. Arrange the goat cheese balls on top and spoon the grapes in syrup around the cheese.
from Home Made Winter